Natural Capital Summit 2021
10th September 2021 by Jane Struver
CMIA is proud to announce that we are a supporter of the Natural Capital Summit 2021, a City & Financial event.
This event will provide companies and financial institutions with a comprehensive guide to all the key issues involved in nature-based financial disclosure and reporting.
Just as organisations are getting to grips with implementing TCFD climate change reporting, they now need to factor into plans how to incorporate nature-based financial disclosures into reporting processes, following the launch of the Taskforce on Nature-Related Financial Disclosure (TNFD) last month by UNDP, UNEP FI, WWF and Global Canopy.
The TNFD aims to build on the success of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), which has become instrumental in mainstreaming the issue of climate-related financial risks. The TNFD’s framework will complement the TCFD by giving companies and financial institutions, as well as their investors and stakeholders, a broader picture of their environmental risks.
Topics that will be covered by the expert panel include:
- Protecting natural capital across the business spectrum
- Identifying nature-related risk
- Implications of the TNFD framework for financial institutions and corporates
- Data: origins, transparency, accountability
- Metrics and targets: modelling nature-related risks and opportunities
- Adjusting the DNA of your business to TNFD
- Managing reporting for asset owners and managers
- Standard setting: integrating TNFD and TCFD
- What to expect from COP15?