This policy sets our the basis on which the Climate Markets & Investment Association (hereafter referred to as “CMIA”), Company No 05685889 of registered address: 100 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6JA will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us.
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your choices at any time.
Collection of Personal Information
How we collect personal information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, request information, respond to a survey, fill out a form or engage with us for communication purposes.
On the occasions when your company subscribes you to our membership services on your behalf the process of collecting your personal information is as follows:
1) Your company sends you a web form or link to fill in to register for our membership services. The information asked usually includes first name, last name, email, telephone number, Company name and Country. Once you do this you will receive an email asking you to confirm that we have your permission to send the information requested. If you do not confirm your permission within a three-month period, then we will unsubscribe you and delete your contact details from our systems.
2) Your company registers you for our services on your behalf, providing us with a minimum of your first name, last name and email address. We then email you and ask that you complete a registration form with us directly. Once you do this you will receive an email asking to confirm that we have your permission to send the information requested. If you do not give us permission within a three month period, then we will unsubscribe you and delete your contact details from our systems.
In the instance that you do not complete the initial registration form at all within a three month period, then we delete all your details from our systems.
We will retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes and thereafter as long as we are subject to a retention obligation.
How we use personal information
We may use personal information to respond to your inquiries, and/or address other requests or questions; enable your use of the services; contact you regarding your purchase or that of your company on your behalf; and collect payments from you; and to send you goods or services purchased; information and updates related to your purchase or that of your company on your behalf; invoices; email notifications that you have specifically requested; occasional email communications relating to membership news, updates, related product or service information. We use this personal information in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
How we share personal information
We promise to never sell, rent, trade or share your email with outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will notify you a reasonable time in advance of any sale or purchase, and we would require your consent for us to disclose your personal information as such.
- If CMIA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will notify you a reasonable time in advance of any sale or purchase, and we would require your consent for us to transfer your personal information as such.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to (i) request access to your personal data processed by us, including receiving a copy of such data, (ii) as provided by law, request the rectification, completion or deletion of your personal data which are incorrect or unlawfully processed, (iii) request from us to restrict the processing your personal data, (iv) in certain cases object to the processing of your personal data, (v) assert the right to data portability, and (vi) in cases of unlawful data processing, raise a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Our contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You can also email us and ask to be unsubscribed, or alternatively email and ask us to delete your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it, and depending on the nature of such reasons, we will either clarify why such data is being held or delete the data.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored within the United States of America. The data will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Such transfer is based on EU standard contractual clauses with the recipients.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Whilst we take your privacy very seriously and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is done at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This policy was last modified on 01 March 2018